Cat and Dog Surgery in Miller Place, NY
Dr. Galvis provides spaying, neutering, complex abdominal procedures, and more for Miller Place and surrounding communities. Safety and quality of service are our highest priorities. Therefore, we follow the most current pet surgery guidelines to help ensure your pet's complete comfort and safety.
Our Pet Surgery Guidelines
In order for our animal hospital to run efficiently, our doctors perform all non-emergency surgeries on scheduled days. Please note the following important information about pet surgery:
- We perform elective procedures on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Plan to schedule elective surgeries one to two weeks in advance.
- We arrange non-emergency surgeries on an as-needed basis.
- Leave a telephone number where we may reach you at all times.
- 6-8 hours before surgery day, refrain from feeding your pet any food or treats and limit water.
- Pets should have a quiet, comfortable place to recover after being released from our hospital.
Caring for Your Pet Afterwards
At Miller Place Animal Hospital, our skilled doctors and technicians work to minimize any surgical risk for your beloved pet. Our highly trained and licensed veterinary nurses closely watch all pets undergoing a procedure that requires anesthesia.
Some of the safety measures we take include:
- We run pre-anesthetic blood work to check for any underlying conditions or contraindications.
- During surgery, your pets vital signs are constantly monitored. We watch their blood-oxygen levels, heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure.
- An attentive veterinary nurse stays with your pet during and immediately after surgery.
Please call us at (631) 744-2050 to learn more about safety measures we take or schedule a pre-surgical examination today. We look forward to helping you and your four-legged friend.